Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Collaborating


...is a pain.

Why? Well I'll tell you! Basically my boyfriend and I decided that we wanted to work on something together. (And just so you know, that picture was the only one I could find of two writers, so no funny comments, haha!) It sounded fine and all in the beginning, but now I'm not really feeling that way. The only reason it's so hard is because you have to actually agree with each other and their ideas. I mean, something that I might say will sound dumb to him, and vic-versa.


Let me tell you that nothing is more discouraging then hearing that your ideas suck. I know that's not what he's trying to do; however, that is how it feels. That's kinda why I stopped working on the collaboration. I almost feel like I just have to agree with him so we can start working; then again, that means the story really isn't mine...

And this is why I kinda took a break working on the collaboration. I don't know, maybe I will try again soon. Besides, I do need to work more and that could help, even if we disagree on ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment