Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Monday, May 27, 2013

The Whole Publishing Thing...

Yeah, so you guys know that's my goal right? I want to be published, have books on shelves and be excited that my stuff is in stores. I'm still working on that goal, hence why I went to college to get an English major. (Also, people say that you don't really need an English major to write, but don't listen to them. I've already learned a lot and I'm only a freshmen.)

Anywayyyy... I'm not really sure how I feel about myself when it comes to publishing. I have many friends that have already been published; however, many of them have been self-published. They already have books on Amazon and what not, and I'm so happy for all of them. I just don't know if I should go down that road too. I always wanted to be traditionally published, but I feel really behind when it comes to all of my friends.

My English teacher told me to wait, but I've been waiting for so long now. (I'm only 19, but that's not the point right now.) In any rate, I'm just going to keep writing every day until an answer finally comes to me. I wanted to have a book ready to be published by the time I finished my bachelors...so I need to hurry up and figure out a plan!

Perfume- Handy Man

No comments:

Post a Comment