Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Happy 2013!

Can you guys believe that it's a new year? It doesn't feel like it's 2013, although that will take awhile for it to hit me. For most people, the new year means one thing: resolutions. Even though they normally last for a few days, everyone always have them, including myself. I have a short list of things I want to achieve this year, and some include writing, while others don't. Here's my list:

1) Write everyday and improve my craft.
If I want to be a writer, I have to keep improving. Even though I do with time, I want to spend more time on writing.

2) Self-publish one of my books.
It's been a dream of mine for years now to become a published author. I'm getting close to deceiving my goal but I want to make a reality. I have a feeling that this year it can happen!

Here are my other goals, even though they aren't related to writing... XD

3) Practice my art and improve.
4) Start doing commissions for my art.
5) Join a gym and start a healthier lifestyle.

All of these goals are achievable, and hopefully by the end of the year I'll be further along with reaching my dreams than I am now.... I was going to make this blog post longer, but I'm falling asleep. I'll try to be more awake with my next blog post!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post, and good resolutions but unfortunately even before finishing the first attempt your sleep failed you miserably that shows and you said about the abrupt end of this nice post, so include one more that i keep a good schedule for my sleeping pattern too. Have a wonderful time ahead,
    May God help you to fullfil the desires mentioned here
    keep inform keep in touch
    Happy New Year 2013

    PS: Pl. remove the word verification here that helps your readers to post the comments easily. Best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... but considering I have school during the day, the only time I can work is at night. Still, thanks for the encouragement.

    Also, I didn't know my blog did that. I'm not too sure how I would even remove that...

    Hmmm, thanks for telling me!

    ReplyDelete