Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Who do creative people attract?

Like my awesome picture? But seriously, I read this article online a couple days ago and it spoke pretty true to me. It said that those who are creative tend to flock towards those like them, for 'uncreative people' (which sounds pretty harsh to say, but I'm just repeating what I saw) are harder to be around because they don't think the same way.

Okay, I guess that would make sense, right? That's when I put the theory to the test. My boyfriend is a painter, but also enjoys literature, photography and music. My best friend is an artist who enjoys literature and music, then lastly, two of my closer friends are an artist and an animator.

That left me thinking that the statement is true. When I talk about my writing or even my art, I have to go to these people because nobody either gets it or even cares. Yes everyone is creative in some sort, but now I realize that I'm drawn to those who make creativity their passion. Then again, I'm sure the same goes for anyone who enjoys a certain subject. Jocks like jocks...Well, that is the only other example I can think of right now, but I'm sure you all get the point.

The moral of the blog post: creative people simple understand how we are all awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment