Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Friday, March 23, 2012

Wanna know what I just found out??

So... for the past several months I've been plauged with "Ultimate-laziness-no desire to do anything-syndrome" It's my own fault, no excuses XP However during the past week, out of nowhere, I've had a urge to write and write! It's wonderful!

...Then I've noticed something.

Being a Senior at my high school, I'm no longer required to read any 'free books' anymore. Considering I read the most in school, my free reading kinda died down this last year. (Forgive me guys, I'm sorry >___<) At the same time my writing has also died down. It never really seemed odd, I just felt like I had a lot of other things going on to distract me.

Now around two weeks ago my friend asked me to read her story. How could I resist?? I've been waiting for a glimsp of her story for about a year now! As I started to get into it I realzed how much fun it was to read, I just wanted to keep going! At the same time, I felt a urge to write a little bit of my novel (one that has been sadly ignored, yet always carried around with me). So what did I do? Simple, I started to write a little...

I wrote a little more.

Then I read some more.

I wrote again.

And then I picked up the book again.


That's when something hit me! Or at least a question came to me... Does my reading affect how much I write? I mean, I  haven't read really read anything in over a year, and I haven't written anything in so long. Then here I am, out of nowhere the spark to write comes back after I read... Is this true??

Does reading influence your writing guys? I'm starting to think it does!



Magia Madoka Ending: Magia Dubstep remix

(Music also influences my writing X3 I can't write without it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment