Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hey guess what, I'm a hard worker!:D

Another happy picture! You guys should know that's a good thing!:D

The girl is supposed to be happy...but it looks like she's more relaxed than anything, lols. Anyway, my happiness started at school. I'm a senior at my high school (almost done with the joint I might add) and we're at the point in the year where we do class favorites.

...Guess who was picked to be one of the favoritessssssssss?

...ME!

Yup, yup-I was picked to be one of the class favorites and was picked as "Hardest Worker." Then I thought to myself for a few moments... They were right, I am a hard worker, and a great one I might add !

I mean, as much as I complain about how I should be doing more- like all the other writers I see out there-I've realized that I've done so much!

I've written over one-hundred children's stories when I was little (which are only like 3-5 pages in length). I've written 16 novels, and editing one at the moment. I've made my Facebook fan page, which has become very successful, gaining over one thousand fans! I also sub-admin another writing page on there. I've created and admin a Facebook writing page. There are my two blogs, both this one (which has started to really pick up!!) and my unprofessional one. Then add in the fact that every Wednesday I publish a little blurb on All Things Books Blog. I also made a twitter profile. Then last year I published my Website! I'm also on Wattpad, Fligment, and DeviantArt (where I share my love for the arts and my drawings.)

And to top it off, I've been told that I'm a great writer! All of the above are wonderful things, but nothing beats being told that someone likes your work:3

I can say to myself that I should do more... but I then I look back and see how much I've done. And my classmates are right. I am a hard worker!

I'm going to be successful!.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome Dominique! Congrats! And yeah the girl looks really relaxed, lol! Everything you do is awesome keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! If I'd had your confidence when I was your age, well...you're destined for great things! Keep writing. Hard work is what it's all about. Sounds like you've already mastered that. Good luck on your creative journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so, so much!!:D

    You're both too kind! X3 <3

    ReplyDelete