Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Grrrrr... me being sick

Yes, it's true! ...I'm sick -___-

I've been sick since Saturday, equaling five days of feeling awful. So what have I been doing during this awful time? Well that's simple, I slept, slept, and slept. That part wasn't too bad, I actually enjoyed it! However I really couldn't write because thinking with a pounding headache reallyyyyyy isn't a good idea!

On the other hand, I'm sure many writers force themselves to work in sickness. That's because I'm sure publishers and editors really could care less if you feel like crap. So I'm not sure if I should wait until I'm over this cold... or if I should grow up and just get over it.

Sadly I'm thinking that the right answer was option two-_-

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's better to get away from your writing for a few days. Even if you aren't thinking about it, your subconscious mind is still working on it. You could find the next time you sit down to write that the words flow. Getting sick could've been a blessing in disguise. Besides, all the time you spent sleeping and dreaming was good for your creative spirit, too. Some of the best story ideas have come from dreams. No worries. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D

      Okay, I guess that's a good thought to have about the situation! I'll just think about my novel more, instead of thinking about how badly I should be writing it!

      Thanks!!

      Delete