Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Issues with writing a novel

Are many to say the least. The one I'm dealing with now is definetly annoying-___-





Okay, okay, so I'm finishing a chapter, going by the outline I have in my convinent little notebook of notes. (Then again isn't that what notebooks are supposesd to have anyway?) Anyway, I just finished the last chapter I was on and looked at my outline to see where I was going; however what I have down next was NOT going to work!!

To keep it short-the major plot twist was supposed to happen in the next chapter, but... my main characters haven't even become 'friends' yet! There still needs to be some major character development going on, and yet my plan was to bascially throw them out in shark-infested waters! ...But not literally, I mean that as a cliche of course; although, that would be a good plot twist. Random, but good! Still, fail, fail... Now I'm confused with what I'm going to do next. I mean, I have some ideas but they're kind of a jumbled mess scracthed down on paper.

Now, what is my plan to fix this problem?.... Uhhh, beats me! Whenever this happens I normally just hope an idea comes and then BAM (and yes, I said bam :P) the idea comes! Also I think I'm going to read everything I have up to this point and hope that'll spark some creativity too.... Because I could wing it, but that would only make it harder for me in the long run.

Or if anything, I can just take a longgggg break, hahahaha!

IA: Super World

2 comments:

  1. This has happened to me. I usually brainstorm a lot and then work through the problem.

    Good luck!

    -Joseph
    http://www.josepheastwood.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brainstorm?
      I think that's what I'll have to do when I'm laying down in bed tonight. Because this problem needs fixed as soon as possible!
      XD

      Thanks!

      Delete