Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Monday, January 9, 2012

Lack of sleep

Third day in a row, so far, so good! XD

My writing ranting today should be obvious, considering the title up there. Anyhoo... sleep. It's important, like, really important. I'm pretty sure the average person needs around eight hours of it. I'm not entirely sure to be honest. But with me being a writer (and plenty of other things) I honestly don't have the time to waste on sleep. I find it pointless hours being thrown away for no reason.

Normally, when I'm not at school, like the weekends, I'm writing in the wee hours of the night. Although sometimes I tend to get distracted but that's another story X3 My work hours are from 10:00pm to 3:30 am. That's a pretty short shift, but those are precious hours that are being wasted by sleep. So that's why I stay up so late. Plus I think I can say that I'm a night owl and all. Then sometimes I'm up even later doing things outside of my writing life. Basically, my schedule is flip-flopped. Only instead of me resting during the day... I just don't rest, lols.

So what about the consequences of my actions? Pft, well I'm sure there's many. What I'm doing can't be good for me. I mean, I'm only getting around two hours of sleep during these days. It has to be killing me slowly.... Buttttttt...stuff happens. Rather be killing myself by doing the things I love. Don't you all agree? XD hahaha

2 comments:

  1. I love sleep so much! I also keep a dream diary so sleep isn't totally wasted on me! I have about 6hours a night and the rest is spent reading, writing, uni work etc. :D

    Fun, Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, nice :D Do you keep up on your dream diary? I used to have one but totally gave up on it lols!

    You still get a lot done, and you have sleeping time. Impressive, haha X3

    ReplyDelete