Welcome!!

My name is Dominique Weldon, I am a teenager from Iowa, who happens to be an aspiring author. I'm determined to make it, and plan on sharing my thoughts and process along the way with the rest of you guys!! I know we can do it!!:D

Welcome to my writer's diary<3

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The cost of writing

What would you do for the things you love? Me...well that would be a lot, and I hope you all know I'm talking about my books.

Not even an hour ago, a tornado touched down in my town. We had to flee to the basement, taking only our most valuable possessions. For me, that included my laptop, purse, and of course all my stories. I had to carry 16 of them down in bags to the basement. Now remember, I'm not published. These are all in notebooks, and the only copy of them I have. If I lost one, I'd never get it back.

I refused to go down into the basement, not unless I had my stories.

I carried them down and waited. After thirty minutes we went upstairs, dragging everything out of our basement, a basement that hasn't been remodeled since at least 1900. The ground was soaked, our feet splashing in the water. The ceiling covered in cobwebs, nearly hitting our heads. The only light was a flickering light bulb. Needless to say, our basement isn't the place you want to be.

After we reached the top the alarm went off again. I had to take everything back downstairs!! In the end we were safe, but sweat covered my body. I was sore, I wanted to collapse on the floor and sleep. Instead I got on here!

Writing is what I love, I'd do anything for it... Even die for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment